Retreat Doctors’ Hospital is proud to provide our patients with a wound care and treatment clinic. This clinic is run by Certified Wound Specialists and Physical Therapists with combined wound care specific experience of over 15 years. Our clinic is open 5 days a week (Monday through Friday) appointments are available in 30 min sections from 7:00am to 4:00pm.
What does our Wound Treatment Involve?
- Assessment and documentation of wounds including measurement/photographs
- Cleansing of wound and surrounding tissue
- Debridement (removal) of dead tissue in and around wound
- Selection and application of wound dressing
- Compression application as needed:
- Assistance with ordering of garments as needed
- Modalities offered: pulsed lavage with suction, low frequency ultrasound debridement, whirlpool and e-stim
- Diabetic foot assessment, education and callus care
How can I receive treatment?
Just like any other physical therapy department, all that is required is a physician signed order. This can be from any physician currently caring for the patient from: primary care physician, podiatrist, or wound healing physician.
We can help guide treatment in conjunction with your physician and, if needed or requested, recommend wound healing physicians, podiatrists or other specialists
How long does this treatment take?
On average normal appointments typically have a duration of 20-30 minutes with evaluations typically lasting 60 minutes. All wounds heal at different rates, therefore it is difficult to predict timeframe for duration of treatments from weeks to months for full closure. Patients can be seen anywhere from 5 days per week to monthly.
Where are you located?
We are located on the 2nd floor of Retreat Doctors’ Hospital in the heart of the fan at 2621 Grove Avenue, Richmond, VA 23220
How can I schedule an appointment?
- Call clinic at 804-254-5533
- Fax physician signed prescription/order to: 804-254-5202
- Download our medical history form and please bring to first appointment.
What should I bring for the first day?
- Insurance card, prescription/order for care, any medications needed for wound care
- Arrive 20-30min in advance to register at front desk near the entrance from Robinson Street. (Closest to our FREE parking deck)
We accept most major insurances, including Medicare & Medicaid.