Retreat Doctors' Hospital recognized for Prostate Surgery Excellence in Healthgrades 2019 Hospital Quality Ratings
Richmond, VA - HCA Virginia's Retreat Doctors' Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospital, has received the Healthgrades 2019 America's 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery™and Prostate Surgery Excellence™Award in the latest 2019 Hospital Quality Ratings released by Healthgrades - the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
This is the second consecutive year that Retreat Doctors' has received both awards. The hospital also was named among the top five percent in the nation for prostate surgery for two years in a row; top 10 percent in the nation for prostate surgery for two years in a row (2018-2019); and Five-Star recipient for prostate removal surgery for three years in a row (2017-2019). Retreat Doctors' is the destination hospital for urological care for Henrico Doctors' Hospitals.
"We are grateful to be acknowledged by Healthgrades for the exemplary care being provided by our urological program," said Beth Matish, chief executive officer of Retreat Doctors' Hospital. "We will continue to set exceptional standards of care and remain dedicated to providing our patients with the high quality outcomes."
These achievements are part of findings recently released by Healthgrades and are featured in their 2019 Report to the Nation. The new report demonstrates how clinical performance continues to differ dramatically between hospitals regionally and nationally. Each year, Healthgrades evaluates nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for the most common inpatient procedures and conditions.
Additionally, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals have been collectively named recipients of the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award for two years in a row; Top five percent in in the nation for patient safety for two years in a row; and Top 10 percent in the nation for patient safety for two years in a row, 2017-2018.
"Consumers place high value on information about hospital quality and use it to evaluate their choices for care," said Brad Bowman, M.D., chief medical officer, Healthgrades. "Hospitals that have achieved recognition for their quality outcomes prove their commitment to their patients and their community at large."
Retreat Doctors' Hospital is a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospitals, a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center. Henrico Doctors' Hospitals received over 30 Healthgrades clinical achievements for 2019, which include the following:
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery for 3 Year in a Row™(2017-2019)
- One of America's 100 Best Hospital for Joint Replacement for 3 Year in a Row™(2017-2019)
- One of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgeries™for 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™, for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2019)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award™for 8 Years in a Row (2012-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 8 Years in a Row (2012-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for 14 Years in a Row (2006-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Back Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award™for 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke for 16 Years in a Row (2004-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2019)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Prostate Surgery Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Prostate Removal Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery in 2019
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 6 Years in a Row (2014-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 12 Years in a Row (2008-2019)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2018 Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™
For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare inpatient records for nearly 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide to assess hospital performance in 32 common conditions and procedures, and evaluate outcomes in appendectomy and bariatric surgery using all-payer data provided by 15 states and the District of Columbia. Healthgrades recognizes a hospital's quality achievements for cohort-specific performance, specialty area performance, and overall clinical quality. Individual procedure or condition cohorts are designated as 5-star (statistically significantly better than expected), 3-star (not statistically different from expected) and 1-star (statistically significantly worse than expected) categories. The complete Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology, can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality.