The staff and physicians at HCA Virginia are committed to working collaboratively with referring physicians to provide the highest level of care to our patients. We appreciate your partnership with HCA Virginia.
For urology and urogynecology physician referrals
From the moment your patient arrives at our hospital, they receive care from an expert team of professionals. Our physicians, nurses, and support staff work together to provide outstanding care from pre-op to post-op with the best possible outcome
For all other referrals
Call our One Call Transfer Center at (804) HCA-XFER or (804) 422-9337, 24 hours a day.
Our team will:
- Obtain and document necessary patient information
- Locate designated accepting physician and hospital
- Connect sending and accepting physicians by a recorded physician-to-physician call
- Confirm bed availability, obtain hospital approval and notify receiving departments
- Assist in securing appropriate transportation
- Track transfer from time of call until patient arrives at destination
- Provide immediate feedback to all physicians and facilities involved
All calls are recorded and documented to ensure accurate service.
Our commitment to quality
HCA Virginia is committed to providing our patients with the safest, highest quality healthcare possible. Refer patients with confidence – learn more about our quality measures and view our latest quality of care scores as reported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
HCA Virginia offers hospitalist services at all of our hospitals. Our goal is to provide quality care and customer service to our patients, families and referring physicians. Learn more about our hospitalist services.