Located in the heart of Richmond’s Fan District, Retreat Doctors’ Hospital now serves our pediatric population. We combine traditional physical and occupational therapy with sensory integration therapy. Our goal is to help children become better at their true occupation: living, learning, and playing! Our speech Therapists have a combined experience of over 30 years. Our clinic is open 5 days a week (Monday through Friday) appointments are available in 30 min sections from 7:00am to 4:00pm.
What types of things do we treat?
- Attention Deficit Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Developmental Delays
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Genetic Disorders
- Handwritting disorders
- Prenatal Drug Exposure
- Emotional and Social Support – impulsive, stubborn, difficulty with changes in routine, unusual response to touch, restless/overactive, difficulty with self-soothing
- Hand Writing without Tears
How can I receive Treatment?
Just like any therapy department, all that is required is a physician signed order. This can be from any physician currently caring for the patient from a pediatrician, specialist, or orthopedic. We can help guide treatment in conjunction with your physician. If needed, we will recommend additional referrals as needed.
How long does this Treatment take?
On average normal appointments typically have duration of 20-30min with evaluations typically 60min duration. This varies between each person and is designed to meet your needs. Patients can be seen anywhere from 5 days per week to monthly.
Where are you located?
We are located on the 2nd floor of Retreat Doctors’ Hospital in the heart of the fan at 2621 Grove Avenue, Richmond, VA 23220. We are separate from the Adult Acute Hospital located on the 2nd floor.
How can I schedule an appointment?
- Call clinic at 804-254-5586
- Fax physician signed prescription/order to: 804-254-5129
- Download our medical history form and please bring to first appointment.
What should I bring for the first day?
- Insurance card, prescription/order for care
- Arrive 20-30 min in advance to register at front desk near the entrance from Robinson Street. (Closest to our FREE parking deck)
We accept all major insurances, including Medicare & Medicaid
Have questions or comments? Email us directly at email@example.com