Chronic lung condition treatment in Richmond, Virginia
At Retreat Doctors' Hospital, we provide effective treatment for individuals with acute and chronic lung conditions. Our team of pulmonologists and respiratory specialists will work with you to create a personalized care plan for your long-term health.
For appointments and questions about our pulmonary care, call our lung experts at (804) 422-2273.
Accredited with distinction for hyperbaric oxygen service, our comprehensive wound healing center offers a special combination of technology, personalized service and our pulmonary doctors and specialists are committed to providing high quality care. We have the highest commitment to our elderly patients and our facility is a designated Nurses Improving Center for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) because of our commitment.
Lung conditions we treat
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Acute and chronic bronchitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary edema
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Lung cancer
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Interstitial lung disease (ILD) including sarcoidosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Pulmonary care services we offer
- Ventilator management is performed by our expert hospital-based respiratory therapists.
- Sleep center diagnostics with our specialists who are skilled in diagnosing and treating sleep-related breathing disorders, such as obstructive sleep apnea.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation with our pulmonologists and pulmonary rehabilitation team can help you manage symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) through exercise training. Pulmonary rehabilitation may also include education, smoking cessation programs, nutritional counseling and oxygen therapy.
- Advanced asthma treatments are provided with bronchial thermoplasty–an outpatient procedure that delivers precisely controlled thermal energy to your airways.
- Pulmonary function testing labs perform diagnostic tests to measure lung capacity and gas flow rates, determining how gases are exchanged in the lungs. We test lung mechanics to determine the strength your respiratory muscles can generate, enabling us to develop the best treatment plan for your specific needs.
- Bronchoscopy diagnostic and treatment labs are used diagnose lung diseases and other pulmonary conditions.
At Retreat Doctors' Hospital, our priority is to go beyond standard fixes and provide you with effective, long-term respiratory solutions. We are proud to offer our patients a wide variety of diagnostic and treatment opportunities using the latest technology.