Lung care treatment in Richmond
Retreat Doctors' Hospital provides treatment for individuals with acute and chronic lung conditions. Our team of pulmonologists and respiratory specialists will work with you to create a personalized care plan for your long-term health.
For appointments or questions about our pulmonary care, call our lung experts at (804) 422-2273.
Retreat is a designated Nurses Improving Center for Healthsystem Elders facility, meaning we have the highest commitment to providing quality care for our elderly patients with lung problems.
Lung conditions we treat
We offer services to care for a variety of pulmonary issues, including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Acute and chronic bronchitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary edema
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Lung cancer
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Interstitial lung disease, including sarcoidosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Our available pulmonary care services
At Retreat, our priority is to go beyond standard fixes and provide you with effective, long-term solutions. We are proud to offer our patients a wide variety of diagnostic and treatment options using the latest technology, including:
- Ventilator management, performed by our expert hospital-based respiratory therapists
- Sleep center diagnostics with our specialists who are skilled in diagnosing and treating sleep-related breathing disorders, such as obstructive sleep apnea
- Pulmonary rehabilitation with our pulmonologists and pulmonary rehabilitation team that help you manage symptoms of COPD through exercise training; rehab may also include education, smoking cessation programs, nutritional counseling or hyperbaric oxygen therapy at our wound care center
- Advanced asthma treatments that are provided with bronchial thermoplasty—an outpatient procedure delivering controlled thermal energy to your airways
- Pulmonary function testing labs to perform diagnostic tests measuring lung capacity and gas flow rates to determine how gases are exchanged in the lungs; we test lung mechanics to determine the strength your respiratory muscles can generate, enabling us to develop the best treatment plan
- Bronchoscopy diagnostic and treatment labs to diagnose lung diseases and other pulmonary conditions